This article showcases our top picks for the Best Tactical Smartwatch. We reached out to industry leaders and experts who have contributed the suggestions within this article (they have been credited for their contributions below).
We are keen to hear your feedback on all of our content and our comment section is a moderated space to express your thoughts and feelings related (or not) to this article This list is in no particular order.
This product was recommended by Richard Corrigan from Next Luxury
The SUUNTO Traverse is about as good as it gets for an all-around solid tactical smartwatch. It’s a watch every serious explorer should have, with easy-to-follow topographic maps and integrated GPS and GLONASS satellite navigation. The watch is compatible with the Suunto Movescount App for both iOS and Android. It’s just about impossible to get lost while you’re wearing this watch. The Suunto Traverse is also water-resistant to a depth of 100 meters, and tough enough that you don’t have to panic if you accidentally bang it on a rock while you’re out in the bush. It’s not exactly the sleekest and most stylish watch, but at the end of the day, that’s not what one needs a tactical smartwatch to be.
This product was recommended by Bertie Cowan from Effortless Outdoors
As an avid hiker, the Suunto Traverse Alpha smartwatch became as necessary as any other gear I would need for a hiking trip. This watch is very durable, made from water-repellent textile and the lens is made from sapphire. Why I recommend this watch is for the accuracy of the GPS system, it lets me know exactly where on a trail I am. The GPS makes it easy to track your activities with access to in-depth information like maps and distance covered. To access this information, the smartwatch needs to sync to your smartphone which is handy as you will receive phone notifications directly to your watch. Some standout features are the built-in flashlight, a red screen for hunting if you want to go undetected, and a compass. This watch is perfectly suited for hunters, hikers, law enforcement, military use, and everyday use.
This product was recommended by Todd Perry from Outdoor Gadget Review
Garmin’s rugged smartwatch is designed for serious outdoor adventures and is water rated to 100m. It supports GPS tracking for activity tracking, is compatible with Garmin Fishing Hot Spots, includes wireless connectivity via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Overheating protection prevents the device from getting too hot when used and a stainless steel bezel allows for use of the watch in harsh locales like those found in the desert or on the sea. The Instinct also has an emergency alarm, an SOS button that can be used in various emergency situations to summon emergency services.
This product was recommended by Tushar Sharma from TopTech10s
This tactical smartwatch by Garmin costs slightly more than some other available options, but because of its great build quality and impressive features, it’s worth every penny that you for it. Garmin Fenix 6 Pro looks clean and minimalistic, but it’s very tough and is tested to US military standards. It has a DLC coated bezel which gives it a premium look and makes it feel very durable. The display is just perfect. It is almost 18% larger than previous Fenix models. And even in bright sunlight, the watch is easily readable. Apart from stylish looks, and amazing build quality, this Fenix 6 smartwatch features all the features that you can possibly expect from a tactical smartwatch. It comes with a highly accurate built-in GPS and has the necessary sensors for a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, and gyroscope. After a full charge, this watch can easily last for more than a week and with GPS Activity Mode, it can stay running for a month, which makes it perfect for long expeditions.
This product was recommended by Alex Perkins from All the Stuff
The Garmin Tactix Charlie is a really comfortable, effective, and well-engineered piece of technology.
1. Once you become familiar with its features, it really has one of the best GPS systems you’ll find in a watch. The topographical maps are designed for easy at-a-glance navigation and location tracking.
2. The ABCs (Altimeter, Barometer, and Compass) are perfect for those who love outdoor activities like trekking, hiking, or even biking long distances and trails.
3. The build quality on this thing is top-notch! I’ve put mine through its paces and the materials used are really built to withstand almost anything you throw at it. Not to mention that it looks really sleek compared to other tactical watches that are big and bulky, meaning it still looks really cool even for casual use.
4. Other than providing you a tactical advantage, this watch can also help you keep an eye on your health as well. It lets you track your performance and keep track of your heart rate during physical activities. It keeps track of your exercise history, letting you know if you’ve been training productively.
5. It supports smart notifications, meaning you can pair it to your phone and receive e-mails, texts, and alerts on your watch even when you’re on the move.